How do I care for my backdrops?
All materials for our backdrops and floors are tear resistant. However no material is completely indestructible, and taking care of your backdrops and floor-drops is very important to make sure they last for as long as possible and you get the most use from them. To avoid damage, including creases and scratches, handle your backdrops with care and store them rolled. We recommend using the tubes they are posted in to store them.
Our vinyl backdrops are not the same material as a Vinyl tablecloth you may purchase in a shop. They cannot be wiped, washed down or cleaned with sprays such as anti bacterial sprays. It is important for photographers to not have glare from the backdrops and floors (which you would get with a vinyl tablecloth). Due to the nature of our matte finish, any water that gets on a backdrop or floor should simply allowed to AIR DRY, DO NOT WIPE. If you plan to use the drop on the floor with 'high risk subjects!' (i.e. animals or children that may urinate, cake smash sessions etc), we suggest you protect your floor or backdrop with a clear acrylic sheet or clear perspex. If you do plan a cake smash session please try and smear the icing in a small area in the corner of the backdrop prior to using as some icing can be too oily and will stain your backdrop. Dark sole trainers may also mark vinyl floor drops. If care and attention is taken when using your backdrops and floors as suggested and they are stored correctly you will have many years use from your backdrops. If you are unsure about cleaning your backdrop or the use of them please contact us prior to using as we cannot be held responsible for backdrops or floors that are damaged through use.
- Please review the design listings on our website carefully. Before you check-out you have the opportunity to re-review your order once again. Once an order has been printed it cannot be refunded. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- All computer monitors are not calibrated equally. We have made every effort to display (as accurately as possible) the colors and brightness/darkness of our floors & drops on our website but we cannot guarantee exact color matching. Due to monitor discrepancies, we cannot guarantee that your display will be accurate and your backdrop may look different then what you see on your screen. When looking at examples on our website of the backdrops/floor drops 'in use' by our customers please note that the look of those images will also vary based on the photographer's lighting conditions, white balance, and editing techniques. Please note that we cannot offer refunds or exchanges due to slight color variation as it should be expected with printed products.
- Large format printing is meant to be used at a distance and is not intended to be viewed up close. Your backdrops are designed to be in the depth of field (DOF) at the proper distance from your subject (approximately 6 foot is the norm). If you have questions regarding about how this process works please email us
- Bespoke orders are non-refundable, due to the nature that it is a bespoke design to yourself.Please ask for a sample of print if you are not sure.We cannot be held responsible for checking your designs and all orders are final and cannot be returned to us............... we will work with you during the design process to make sure you receive the right product design, but we cannot be held responsible as this is your bespoke design and handmade to order so please double check your designs.What Size Should I Get?
* If the backdrop has written words, they will be printed as they are, we can't flip the lights due to the words
* The wooden backdrops will be printed as the image on the website in the main example, examples of backdrops in use are to see in them in use by other photographers.If you would like the planks printing in a different way, orientation then do please contact us before ordering or say in your notes and any problems we will contact you to check before printing .
*We offer many widths of paper - 42 inches and 60 inches, up to 8ft wide
What Paper Should I Get?
Our designs can be printed on different “paper” types :
Very lightweight - can be rolled especially tightly, meaning it takes up less room in your studio / car.
Light enough to be gently taped to a wall giving a very tidy finish.
Can be a bit floppy on a backdrop stand - however, we supply you with enough spare material to create tab tops for your drop.
Won't withstand much use if used as a floor regularly.
we don't recommend for cake smash sessions
This paper is more of a fabric and is tough enough to hang from your backdrop stand with clamps.
To keep it in tip-top condition, roll it up after your session.
Won't withstand much use if used as a floor regularly.
We don't recommend for cake smash sessions
This is our thickest material type and is most suitable for flooring designs.
Dark colors do have some glare but lighter shades
This is our most popular waterproof material
it is suitable for cake smashes, but we do recommend you sample some of the greasy icing on the edge of the backdrop as not all icing is suitable and may mark your backdrop.It is your responsibility to check before using.
If you select that you want a pole pocket for your drop, spare paper will be sent with your order. Simply staple or glue some tabs to your drop and then slip your backdrop pole through the loops you have made.
How Much Is Shipping?
All our drops are dispatched using a courier company.
Each parcel is charged at £19.99 per box/tube
Depending on your chosen paper type, we are sometimes able to include more than one drop per parcel. Because of this, your shipping is calculated during the checkout process and is based on the value of your order.
What if my order arrives damaged
If you feel that your order has been damaged in transit,you must report this to the courier, ask them to write it down and take photos of the outside of the parcel.this is really important as courier will not raise a case without it being noted to the driver
Please email us within 24 hours of delivery with multiple photos of the damage so that we can lodge an insurance claim with the carrier.
If you feel that your order has a manufacturing fault, please advise us within 24 hours of delivery with multiple photos of the issue so that we can assess and arrange for a replacement if necessary.
International Customers and postal charges
We are a UK based company that mainly ships to UK. We do occasional ship to Europe and USA.
Before ordering do please contact us as shipping can be very expensive.We recommend you order a sample pack to make sure it is correct material as all orders are bespoke and printed to order and no refunds offered due to high costs unless the product arrives with a fault or wrong order sent.We will always send a replacement if it is our fault ASAP we do not refund bespoke printed backdrops.
If the product is wrong/faulty we would need photo evidence within 48 hours & on receiving the item back we will send a replacement within 48 hours .We will replace your backdrop with priority over other orders,we don't issue refunds, only replacements as it is a bespoke custom order & with expensive P&P covered by us to send you a replacement.
We try our best to print your backdrops and ship asap, we use mainly Ups for international parcels, we pick the quickest best value service but we are not responsible for delays caused by the courier or other countries export rules.
For international orders (anywhere outside of England), parcels may need to cleared through customs in your own country. There may be import fees (duty and tax) that have to be paid, depending on the country. Props for togs do not cover import liabilities that may be applied by the government of your country.
If a return is accepted, return shipping is at the cost of the buyer.
Do you accept returns?
We do not accept any returns unless an item has a fault. If you feel your item has an issue, please contact us within 24 hours of delivery with photos showing the fault so that we can rectify for you. We do not accept returns for slight colour difference or if you change your mind,if the item is not being used correctly according to our advised guidelines. If a return is accepted, return shipping is at the cost of the buyer.
What If I Add A Hat Or Frame To My Order?
Hats, headbands and frames are sent from different suppliers so your shipping cost will be calculated during the checkout procedure to include their delivery charges.
Help! I Need A Drop Urgently!
We are usually able to print and dispatch your drop order within 48 hours of purchase. However, everybody involved with Props For Togs are also full time photographers, so we may be out shooting an all day wedding etc. Please bear this in mind before relying on next day delivery. If in doubt, please get in touch through our contact page.
Would You Like One Of My Images Using Your Props?
Yes please! As photographers ourselves, we love having a nose at other people’s work!
It is also a great way of showcasing to other photographers how lighting and editing can effect the drops, as well as giving a sense of size and scale.
You can upload your low-res, WATERMARKED images to our facebook page :